ShadowLight Productions, America’s premiere professional shadow theatre company, is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill a part-time Education & Outreach Coordinator position. Please carefully read the detailed job description and qualifications below.
ShadowLight Productions is one of the few professional shadow theatre companies and holds a truly unique place in the American Theatre scene. Founded in 1972 by filmmaker, theatre artist, and shadow master, Larry Reed, the company strives to nurture indigenous shadow theater traditions, and to explore and expand the possibilities of the shadow theatre medium by creating innovative interdisciplinary, multicultural works. Our original works have been seen worldwide at festivals and theatres such as The Henson International Festival of Puppet Theater, the Spoleto Festival USA, the Walter Spies Festival in Bali, SomArts Cultural Center, Brava Theater Center, and France's Institut Internationale de la Marionette. Over the years ShadowLight has created a truly unique visual vocabulary through its sophisticated blending of ancient shadow concepts with cinematic techniques. The company's past productions have all been professionally filmed and are part of a Legacy DVD Collection. For more information, visit our website: http://www.shadowlight.org.
Education & Outreach Coordinator Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Artistic and Managing directors in the development of project-specific PR/Outreach strategies
- Maintaining a monthly social media content calendar
- Sustaining and managing the Arts Education program. Activities include: scheduling residencies/workshops, facilitating projects, managing a team of teaching artists, program data collection and evaluation, and attending community arts education meetings/events;
- Assisting the Managing Director and Board of Directors in general business operations (administrative tasks);
- Managing the ShadowLight E-commerce store sales, DVD inventory, and customer relations;
- Managing CRM database – audience members, DVD customers, sales, DVD inventory;
- Other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented, and have the ability to complete tasks in timely and effective manner;
- Ability to effectively interact and work with individuals with diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent writing and verbal skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Proficient in MS office programs & Filemaker Pro in Mac environment;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong knowledge and interest in Performing Arts a plus;
- Strong knowledge and interest in Arts Education a plus;
- Knowledge of Final Cut or Premiere, DVD Studio Pro, Photoshop, web design a plus;
15-20 hrs/week – schedule flexible. Some nights and/or weekends may be required during productions.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls please